I strongly believe in natural healing and holistic healthcare, and therapeutic massage is a big part of it. I have seen first hand over and over again how powerful the effects of massage can be, and the positive impact it can have on a person’s life. I can not imagine doing anything else. Every time a person gains some mobility, or experiences reduced pain as a result of my massage, I know I have chosen the right profession. To me, being a Massage Therapist is not only about knowing anatomy, physiology and pathology, or learning techniques and different modalities. It takes a lot of intuition, patience, sensitivity and the ability to get deep satisfaction out of being able to help others.
Another passion of mine is painting and photography. To see some of my work, go to www.mkk.smugmug.com or https://www.facebook.com/pages/MKK-Photoart/383570481763585
* Graduated valedictorian after 600 hours of training from Georgia Academy of Massage
* Nationally certified in Massage and Bodywork (NCTMB) and licensed in the State of Georgia (LMT) since 2008
* Freedom From Pain Institute Certified Advanced Myoskeletal Therapist
*Norton School of Lymphatic Therapy Certified Lymphedema Therapist. Trained in todays gold standard of Lymphedema Therapy: Complete Decongestive Therapy. This includes Vodder Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Short Stretch Compression Bandaging, Patient education, skin care and lymphedema specific excercises.
* Certified in Burn Scar massage
I am a Member of ABMP, Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals.
My sessions are customized to your individual needs, using techniques from all modalities I have been trained in:
Swedish, Deep Tissue, Trigger Point Therapy, Active Isolated Stretching, Japanese Restorative Therapy, Reflexology, Myofascial Release, Aromatherapy, Indian Head Massage and Myoskeletal Alignment, Manual Lymphatic Drainage.
I strongly believe every ‘body’ should get massages on a regular basis. The benefits are endless.
- Relieves chronic pain caused by muscle tension or postural strain
- Improves blood circulation and lymph flow
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Helps with insomnia
- Increases the range of motion in your joints
- Increases flexibility
- Releases tight, knotted muscles
- Improved skin condition and muscle tone
- Strengthened immune system
- Improves energy levels
- Reduces blood pressure
- Enhanced immunity through lymph flow stimulation
- Aligns and balances your body’s energy
- Enhances body self-healing abilities
- Improves awareness and connection with your body
- Increased flow of oxygen and nutrients to cells
- Heightens overall sense of wellbeing and happiness
- Improved elimination of toxins
…just to name a few. And let's not forget: It feels incredibly good. (see "Benefits" tab for a more comprehensive list)
It will remind you that there is more to life than work and responsibilities. Getting a massage is like a mini-vacation.
So book your next appointment today. You deserve it!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.